Saturday, November 24, 2012

Nothing to do with anything...?



This advertisement is a parody of romantic chick flicks with a holiday twist but out of nowhere, Sears products pop up, showing that it is an ad for sears, which makes no sense!!! These types of commercials are so annoying to me because the consumer not understand the point of the ad until the end and I would rather just know at the beginning, so I can understand the method behind the ad. However, there is no point to this ad; there is no connection between a romantic movie and Sears. Some themes that are present in this ad that are also in most romantic movies is the idea of heterosexuality, white people, thin/healthy people, and youth. I don't know if these are the only types of people Sears is marketing to, but Sears should incorporate a wider range of people into their ads to show that others can use there products as well.

4 comments:

  1. I saw this advertisement when I went to see the new James Bond movie. The ad was clearly irrelevant to the product, but was very smart. It did what it wanted to do: grab peoples' attention and incite discussion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quite confusing true.
    If I watched the video before reading your comment I would have thought it was the trailor for a love story movie.
    Certainly very random!

    ReplyDelete