Sunday, November 4, 2012

American Eagle: Live YOUR life



Today while at the Hampshire Mall, I passed by American Eagle Outfitters. AE has always been one of my favorite stores because they carry clothes that actually fit every body type. In a sense, AE tries to adapt its merchandise so it can be accessible to many groups of people. This includes people who are naturally thin and those who are curvier. To expand upon their vision, AE decided to use average people and celebrities to advertise their clothes. In particular, AE has been using Shay Mitchell, an actress on Pretty Little Liars, as one of their models. Obviously, with her face in their ads, fans of the show will flock and purchase their clothes. Yet, I find the use of so called "average" people more fascinating. To me, seeing someone similar to myself wearing and enjoying their clothes makes me more willing to purchase their product. If more stores follow after American Eagle, I believe that their sells will increase. Overall, using average people to model a product makes the product more appealing in the consumer's eye. allowing more customers to make purchases.

No comments:

Post a Comment