Sunday, October 21, 2012



Vitamin Water

When I first starting seeing print ads for Vitamin Water, I was acutely aware of the target audience-white women. A young healthy looking, post workout clothes wearing Jennifer Aniston was featured with some accompanying copy that I don't remember. The words were insignificant. The visual was all that was necessary. If you relate to blond starlets, here's what you should be drinking. So, when I saw this commercial I was a little surprised at the change! It looks like the producers are aiming a yet another group-Afro-American men. The guy in this ad reminds me of a young Spike Lee. He could be a grad student, but not a hip hop artist. His look says he's intelligent. And since the video is aimed at a male audience, a little violence is thrown into the mix to keep 'em watching. By downing some Vitamin water, he's ready to take on life's challenges! The target demographic is, again, obvious.



No comments:

Post a Comment