Friday, October 19, 2012

"20 Prices That Will Blow Your Mind"

I was looking through this list, and none of the prices were that shocking to me because I assumed items would cost more now than they did in 1960s (the decade in which advertising really got going). However, when I got to the television set, the similarity in price startled. It made me wonder where the TV was made, who made it, what it was made out of, and if it could be potentially harmful (on a toxic level). The relatively cheap price of television sets today is viewed as "great" by many consumers I'm sure, but I can't help but think that something inhumane is occurring during the manufacturing of this product.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/melismashable/now-and-then-20-prices-that-will-blow-your-mind

No comments:

Post a Comment