Monday, October 1, 2012

Smart Advertising

Country-pop star Taylor Swift is releasing her new album Red this month. In anticipation of her new album, Taylor has come up with a great way to get her fans interested in buying her cd before it even hits the sales rack. For the past two weeks, Taylor has released a new single off of her album on every Tuesday at 12:01 AM. She will release one song each week until her album hits the stores. As an avid Taylor Swift fan, I love this idea! I see it as a great way for her fans to enjoy a few of her songs before the album comes out. Honestly, I am surprised that this is the first time I have heard of an artist doing this, at least to my knowledge. It is also impressive that Taylor does not feel the need to go to extreme measures to promote her album, such as provocative commercials or false advertising, which seems like the norm in today's society.

No comments:

Post a Comment