Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Ice Cream?

My mom and I love ice cream so I tried to remember all the ads I had seen for it.  Most came from popular companies like Haagen-Dazs or Baskin Robbins and there was nothing special about those ads so I kept searching and I found this ad. On the ad it has written "Immaculately Conceived...Ice Cream is our religion".  Once the ads were out it quickly got many complaints because it was seen as mockery of people's religion. Instead of apologizing, the Italian Ice Cream Company said it was only meant to "gently satirize religion." The ads have now been banned. The ad obviously is very offensive but my first thought on this ad was who would even think of something like this.

1 comment:

  1. Leave it to those Italians to poke fun at the Catholic Church!

    ReplyDelete