Sunday, September 16, 2012

Different Age, Different Prospective

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDyO5oKxh2M

I saw this commercial on television the other night and at first it made me laugh, and then it caused me to think. This ad displays one of the ways in which technology and our material wants and needs have changed over the years. For members of different generations, such as the granddaughter and the grandmother in this certain situation, it may be difficult to understand these significant adaptations to our modern world. I find that sometimes when I am given or purchase anything new, it is not rare for even my parents to question what it is or why I actually need it. Sometimes I just think they question me because they are trying to be difficult, but I also have to remember that the time period they grew up in did not rely on iPods for listening to music, or digital cameras to capture photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment