Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Victoria Secret


I'll admit that I was one of the millions of viewers of the Victoria Secret Fashion Show that aired on CBS last night. While I was watching it, one thought came across my mind- it seemed to me that the show was promoting a certain body image rather than promoting the company's products. Watching it with some friends, it was common to hear "look how thin she is!" or "okay my diet starts tomorrow". But it was rare that any of us would comment on the actual Victoria Secret lingerie. I just thought it was interesting that the purpose of the FASHION SHOW was to display the designs of the company, when really, the thing that I'm sure most viewers came away with was the impressive models' bodies.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, how sad, yes? That's exactly how most of us react when we see super thin lingerie models. But it doesn't stop us from buying their stuff--or does it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have to agree with you and say that I don't think it really stops most people from buying their products.

    ReplyDelete